- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SummaryThe Advanced Research Discovery domain within L’Oreal Research & Innovation is responsible for driving upstream scientific and clinical innovation programs, in order to deliver new technologies with strong proven efficacy. This position is primarily responsible to lead the design, in vitro laboratory execution and the analysis of experiments in order to deliver on the new technologies for the next generation cosmetic concepts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design, laboratory execution and analysis of experiments designed to develop next generation cosmetic concepts
- Identify and implement new technologies of interest, design relevant cell and tissue assays for in vitro proof of concept and identification of key mechanism of action
- Maintain detailed and accurate records, and author and review study protocols, technical reports, presentations and publications
- Cross functional communication and collaboration within the Advanced Research team and across other departments at L’Oreal
- PhD in cell biology, bioengineering or related discipline
- 0 - 3 years of biotech, pharma or postdoctoral fellowship experience
- Extensive experience in fibroblast, keratinocytes, melanocyte and stem cell culture and genome editing tools is required
- Experience with 3D and ex vivo tissue culture and experiments
- Experience in skin biology and/or regenerative medicine discipline
- Experience in light and fluorescent microscopy and biological assays
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing and analyzing experiments
- Able to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion about cosmetic product discovery, flexible team player and comfortable in fast paced environment
- 2+ year of relevant industry/postdoctoral experience
- Experience in skin wound healing and barrier function research
- Experience with lipidomics/ protemeotics and transcriptomic analysis
- Experience in various analytical instruments such as SEM, TEM, HPLC, FTIR, DLS and TLC is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
About the company
The L'Oréal Group is a French cosmetics and beauty company, headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine. It is the world's largest cosmetics company, and has a registered office in Paris. It has developed activities in the field of cosmetics, concentrating on hair colour, skin care, sun protection, make-up, perfumes and hair care, the company is active in the dermatology, toxicology, tissue engineering, and biopharmaceutical research fields and is the top nanotechnology patent-holder in the United States.