- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Washington, D.C.
Based in Northern Virginia, Aveshka is looking for a Sr. SharePoint Developer to design, build, and maintain SharePoint-based custom records management solutions in an Agile environment. The custom solutions will allow personnel to scan, classify, manage, track, and retrieve data and will support various workflows for managing the records including digital scanning of paper documents. Join us as we build systems for one of the premier federal agencies to meet their mission. This position will be located within the National Capital Region (NCR).
Empower change with us.
- Supports in the creation and implementation of various Microsoft SharePoint functions, including list and document libraries, developing SharePoint web pages, custom forms (built using Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath), and configuring elements to work with the SharePoint platform out of the box
- Within the SharePoint platform, essential applications developed will provide a record management system, intranet site, asset tracking and inventory management systems, transportation services, scheduling capabilities, an internal contact directory, and additional applications as required by the project
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and ability to translate technical features and functions to business needs
- Develop software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; apply out of the box thinking to derive creative solutions; conferring with stakeholders (as required); studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions. Implement advanced SharePoint features by developing custom code, as required
- Able to document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, page mock-ups, and clear written code
- Review the existing design of the SharePoint site and recommend improvements to facilitate user friendliness, user intuitiveness, and exploit collaborative features to foster team engagement and communication
- Provide day-to-day administrative support, permission and access schemas, and regular maintenance of the SharePoint site to keep it operational and effective
- Implement SharePoint-based workflows and development of Business Intelligence dashboards, as required
- Foster positive relationships with leaders, managers, staff and end-users to solicit feedback on the performance and suggested enhancements on the SharePoint site
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision Qualifications
7+ years of development experience; 4-6 years’ experience with a bachelors’ degree
- Experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications
- Proficiency in HTML, XSLT, SharePoint 2010/2013 and SharePoint Designer 2010/2013
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills with high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- US citizenship Desired Qualifications:
- SharePoint certification(s) desirable About Aveshka :
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
About the company