- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Ann Arbor
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
The Senior SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) with an emphasis on Performance Testing is expected to be an advocate for the customer and to provide an assessment of software performance and quality that is metrics-based and integrated into the Software development life cycle. We expect a strong development background as you will spend 60% or more of your day writing code. Ideal candidates will have strong experience with tooling and developing performance testing frameworks, combined with the ability to tune code, database queries, operating system parameters, etc.
- Build performance engineering frameworks that can be consumed by Development teams and QA teams to do their performance testing
- Be a partner for dev and provide best practices, tools for performance optimization and make suggestions for engineering to trend towards
- Define, measure and publish meaningful metrics to measure product and build performance and help teams improve them.
- Understand priorities and risks and help focus our quality build efforts on where they matter the most.
- Work with mobile apps, backend Linux services, SAAS products, etc, thus growing the breadth and depth of your knowledge
- Learn on the job every single day and become the best Engineer you possibly can be!
Skills you have:
- You have 10+ years of software performance engineering experience including:
- Strong Software Development Background to build and extend our python performance framework, understand our product APIs and fix issues found in product
- Helping lead a small team of engineers and demonstrate performance test impact in an organization
- Performance tools like locust (preferred), gatling, tsung, jmeter, k6...
- Performance Metrics for consumption by engineers, customers and industry tooling (AppDynamics, DynaTrace, DataDog, etc.)
- Performance optimization - tuning and optimizing databases, os and code.
- Deep knowledge of performance resources - CPUs, Main Memory, Storage Devices, Controllers, Interconnects
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of performance resources and making suggestions and/or fixing issue(s)
- Traffic and Data generation
- Solid Linux skills
- Scripting and strongly typed Languages like python (preferred), bash, ruby, go, java, c#, swift
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred) and cloud automation tooling (Ansible, AWS API, etc.)
- Deep curiosity of how our product works to help drive performance testing to new limits
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.