- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you hate it when your web browsers or apps can't find where they're going because of DNS failures? Have you ever messed up a DNS configuration yourself? (you don't have to answer that second one, we already know the answer is yes). But regardless of your answer, our goal on the Route 53 team is to ensure every lookup succeeds, and every configuration change is successful.
Amazon Route 53 is the DNS layer for all of Amazon, powering all AWS services (such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, and Lambda) as well as other Amazon properties such as www.amazon.com. In addition to these large and fast-growing businesses, many AWS customers use Route 53 for their DNS needs. Our custom-built DNS and health checking stacks already support the some of the largest workloads in the world, and we are constantly scaling and improve them to keep up with our ongoing rapid growth. We are the only AWS service to have a 100% data plane availability SLA, and we are constantly working on improvements to ensure we continue our achievement of this challenging standard.
The Route 53 Data Plane team is looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to continue scaling our service to meet our 100% data plane availability SLA. We need innovators to build and operate large scale cloud services and end-to-end solutions. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters with a passion for cloud computing who can advocate for our customers. The Route 53 Data Plane team is responsible for the service that provides all authoritative DNS services to all of Amazon and AWS. We need you to help us design, deploy, and operate the next generation of this service.
As a member of our team, you will:
· Provide a service that is core to all of Amazon, and many AWS customers.
· Provide technical guidance through the complete software development lifecycle
· Operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale
· Own a service layer that is critical to the continued success of all of Amazon
· Mentor and be mentored by a great team of software developers
· Understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale
· Are a fast-growing, agile and collaborative group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
· Are inventors and owners, building new technologies and improving existing ones
· Obsess over our customer’s needs and experience
· Enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready
· Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
· Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
· Build creative short-term and sustainable long-term solutions with others as passionate as you about this mission
· Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done
· Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people
· Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
· Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience