- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Help us move to running Kubernetes – and deliver great Kubernetes experiences for our customers!
We’re reimagining the platform that Visual Studio Team Services is built and run on. We’ve decided to adopt containers, Kubernetes as our deployment platform. Further, our product is DevOps as a service and one of the big improvements we have planned is tighter integration with Kubernetes and containers in general. We’re looking for someone with experience running services on Kubernetes and opinions on how tooling in that space can be improved. If that’s you, we’d love your help!
Learn more about Visual Studio Team Services and what we build here: https://www.visualstudio.com/team-services/
What makes this a great place to work?
There are many things, but here are the highlights:
• We are our own customer. We are the first ones to use everything we build.
• The team is full of smart people who care about the work they do. They are also a pleasure to work with - We thrive on comradery, helping each other and having fun together.
• We make a point of ensuring people have work-life balance. We offer 3 months paid paternity leave for men and 5 months for women, 12 paid holidays (in addition to your vacation and sick leave) and a flexible working schedule.
• We have a new, modern office that finds the right balance between encouraging collaboration yet ensuring the ability to focus when needed.
• We run a hosted service which means that we ship new features daily. The work you do has immediate benefits to customers.
• Our compensation tends to be higher than most other companies in the area.
About the company
At Microsoft, we aim to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more — and we empower our employees the same way.
Everyone who works here has the power to build on. Those two little words show the way we think. They’re a challenge to go beyond what’s thought possible, and they’re how we help billions of people use technology to get more out of each day.
We build on the work of others and invite them to build onto ours, always striving for ways to make great ideas even better.
What can you build on?
Here at Microsoft, you’ll build on your curiosity, your passions and your drive to make a difference.
You’ll have access to world-class tools, some of the industry’s brightest minds and a nearly infinite range of opportunities across a truly global organization. You’ll have the opportunity to build on the company’s wide-ranging accomplishments to do something even more incredible.
You’ll have the freedom to collaborate, explore, set your own rules and take your career wherever you want it to go.
Feel the inspiration that comes from working with wildly talented people and the rush that comes from doing work that makes a lasting impact. Recent projects like HoloLens provide just a glimpse of the remarkable things we will accomplish.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team. Come build on Microsoft’s far-reaching momentum. Build on your career. Build on what we do and how we do it.
Specialties: Business Software, Design Tools, Developer Tools, Entertainment Products, Hardware, Home & Educational Software, Tablets, Search, Advertising, Servers, Windows Operating System, Windows Applications & Platforms, Smartphones, Cloud Computing