- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
- and opportunities for our employees.
You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
We are seeking an experienced programmer with proven ability to learn quickly and deliver efficiently.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented and driven shared services team.
The team's focus is on efficient and quality delivery with far reaching positive impact for the Bond and Specialty Insurance business unit.
Primary responsibilities include development in C#.NET and SQL Server, following Agile practices, with a focus on modern designs, toolsets and coding patterns
The right candidate:
- Under general supervision completes programming tasks including estimating design, analysis, coding, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documentation, application health monitoring/alerting, and implementation of programs
- With guidance manages interaction between other system teams, vendor teams, and technical support areas, as required
- Troubleshoots observed system issues, conducts impact analysis, defines solution options and escalates appropriately.
- Must have a proven ability to pick up additional skills
- especially in the MEAN stack technologies.
- This job does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs system programming tasks of medium complexity which require proficient programming and analytical skills
- Ensures customer satisfaction through professional communication, follow-up, and responsiveness to issues
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities
- Continues to develop business knowledge while working on programming assignments to address business issues
- May begin to provide guidance and mentorship to lower level technical employees.
Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects
- Performs basic Kanban/Lean Planning activities and adheres to the best practices of this delivery practice
- Other duties may be assigned
High School diploma or equivalent required.
1 year of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
2 to 3 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates intermediate programming/configuration/ analytical, discrepancy, defect, or incident investigation problem solving and resolution skills.
Demonstrates an aptitude for learning and applying new programming languages and/or software development disciplines.
Continues to develop understanding of the supported business systems.
Beginning to develop the ability to recognize and analyze basic incident/defect trends and appropriately escalate.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members
- including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to recognize and analyze business and technology problems of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and cost-effective solution to resolve defects or incidents.
Team Orientation: Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
Able to recognize and support team priorities.
Planning: Ability to manage time and competing priorities and provide management with accurate and timely status information.
Able to effectively evaluate and estimate routine tasks with clear precedent Financial Awareness: Able to understand how the project schedule relates to budget.
Occasional weekend, night and/or holiday support may be required.
Operates standard office equipment.
Requires extended periods of computer use.
Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.