- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sr. Systems Engineer - 68240
Location: Austin, US
APPLY NOW »
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Debug Engineer
AMD is looking for a Platform Debug Engineer to work closely with our customers who are developing AMD processor, chipset, and graphics-based systems. This engineer will work with validation and our customer teams during critical issue escalations and help get issues resolved in time to meet product development or sustaining milestones.
· During development or sustaining engineering, the debug engineer is expected to provide root cause analysis and guidance to internal and customer design teams to help close issues.
· Mobile/AIO A+A (System and VGA) platform customer issues support.
· Reviewing schematics and layout file.
· Write driver issue reports and trace the SW team debug progress.
· Support project independently and handle all issues working cross functionally with teams.
· Visit customers for onsite support and BB.
· Debugging PC systems with an emphasis on platform level resolutions.
· Knowledge and use of standard debuggers, programmers, and emulators.
· A thorough understanding of PC industry busses, such as HT, PCI, PCIe, LPC, USB, and SATA
· Detailed knowledge of high speed digital design and signal integrity.
· Strong understanding of BIOS, OS and driver interactions at the system level as well as a proficient Understanding of x86 CPU architecture and functionality.
· Familiarity with switching power supplies.
· This position may require some travel as needed to support the customer.
· A self-starter required and able to deal with a high level of ambiguity.
· Experience in Notebook or Mobile platform design.
· Project Leadership and experience working with OEM/ODM client partners.
· Leading issues debug status and make the project progress can meet the schedule.
· Knowledge of AMD platform and VGA design a plus
· Strong knowledge of X86 and chipset architectures and DDR memory interface desired.
· Expert use of tools such as Jtag debuggers, logic analyzers, SATA, USB, and PCIe bus analyzers
· Tools such as schematics capture, PLD, PCB layout, signal integrity and simulation
· Excellent communication skills are required in the role of supporting customers
Master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Requisition Number: 68240
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Apply now »
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.