- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Annapolis Junction
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Prime contract team.
The Senior Systems Engineer will work with a team of other senior level team members to provide test and integration support for the user by providing analytics, views, and dashboards.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The Systems Engineer will maintain and configure Java Application servers and manage containerized environments as well as provide administration, maintenance, and scalability of commercial and open source tools.
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
- Strong Linux system administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Knowledgeable in configuring backend systems software that improves sustainability and operations
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, Java, or Perl
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef) in a production environment
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as; Nagios, Collectd, logstash, Kafka, Cassandra, Zabbix
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP NDS, HTTP, and caching REST
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
- Experience configuring Proxy servers such as Apache, Nginx, HAProxy
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and software developers
- Knowledge of the following:
- Apache, Linux cgroups, NIFI
- REST/Web architecture/APIs
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.