- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Who You Are
Do you love writing, are you self-driven, passionate about the customer, thrilled by new technology, and enjoy working with global teams? If your answer is “yes” we’d like to talk to you!
The Internet of Things (IoT) Business Group technical communications team at Cisco is looking for technical writers (8-10 years’ experience) to join us in our journey to redefine the content experience for our customers.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's IoT Business Group has a comprehensive portfolio of technologies that enable our OT and IT customers. IoT is an exciting space that is critical for Cisco’s success. We believe in delivering the very best product experiences for our customers, and thrive on providing cutting-edge, user-centric content that complements Cisco’s diverse range of products and solutions.
What You’ll Do
As a technical communicator at Cisco, you will:
· Use your superior writing skills and attention to detail to conceptualize, plan, develop and write high-quality “modern” documentation.
· Gain an in-depth understanding of customer pain points and needs through and develop innovative content and delivery methods.
· Drive innovation
· Create a user centric information architecture and scalable content strategy.
· Identify opportunities to improve quality, usability, and productivity.
What You Need
· Creative and critical thinking skills to solve customer problems
· Ability to learn about new products, technology, and tools quickly
· Ability to embrace change, find opportunities, and take initiative
Experience with MadCap Flare
Knowledge of XML/DITA
Experience working in an Agile environment with JIRA and Confluence
We connect everything; people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and VR-enabled customer experiences. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.