- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Accountemps is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with terrific organizational skills to take up a long-term temporary position at a growing company. As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation of journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will hold responsibility over many aspects of internal reporting. In addition, you will support the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, review schedules for the reporting processes, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. A highly involved position, it works to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Based in the Lincoln, Nebraska area, this company offers an engaging and multifaceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
What you get to do every single day
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Be responsible for account reconciliations including prepaid expenses, payroll, and other assignments
- Execute month end close, journal entries, with little supervision
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Commentate on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Manage the design and creation of balance sheet analysis and communicate reports to management
- Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- navigating basic office equipment and protocols experience
- Account Balance experience preferred
- Deep understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- High attention to detail
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.