- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Take the next step in your accounting career by checking out this fantastic opportunity through Accountemps! They've partnered with an esteemed organization to find an experienced Staff Accountant for their team. In this role, you will have responsibility over the preparation of journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You'll be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. This position will also require you to participate in compliance, as well as communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. A highly involved position, it works to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This Omaha, Nebraska based firm has a long-term temporary position available, and offers an innovative work environment where effort is rewarded.
- Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- Assist in monthly financial close workbook preparation, including annual closing process
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Be a part of various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Skillful in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Efficient in ERP systems
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Microsoft Excel experience
- QuickBooks experience
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.