- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $23.75 - $27.50 gross per hour
If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a Staff Accountant position in the Manufacturing industry through Accountemps that you may want to check out. This company is located in the Whitsett, North Carolina region and is offering a dynamic, mulit-faceted long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity where effort is rewarded. As Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. During the monthly close, you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. You'll also communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, take part in compliance, and look over schedules for the reporting processes.
- Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Be responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
- Organize capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Efficient in ERP systems
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong attention to detail
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Staff Accounting Bulletin 2014 experience desired
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.