- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $17.10 - $19.80 gross per hour
If you're looking to further your career in accounting and enjoy solving complex problems, Accountemps has a terrific short-term temporary-to-full-time Staff Accountant position in the Mining industry for you to check out. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will play an active role in compliance, collaborate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. This Daytona Beach, Florida based company is offering an opportunity that is multi-faceted and challenging in nature. It's a thriving environment where effort is rewarded.
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Manage the design and creation of balance sheet analysis and communicate reports to management
- Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sage 100
- Excellent attention to detail
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Experience with ERP systems
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.