- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18.00 - $22.00 gross per hour
Accountemps is looking for an experienced, organized individual to take on the long-term temporary-to-full-time role of Staff Accountant at a growing, dynamic company in the Service industry. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will promote the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. Based in the Princeton, New Jersey region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Efficient in ERP systems
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of general ledger
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.