- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America Location:
HND01: Interiors (Cargo)
- Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry.
Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely
- every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch
- the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience.
We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service.
Our global team is committed to continuous improvement
- we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come.
We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace is looking for aStaff Embedded Software Engineer for the NPI Software Development Engineering team.
You will be a participant in the full software development life cycle on a software development team with the responsibility of developing embedded software from design through software unit test.
You will interpret software requirements and translate these artifacts into well-formed software design.
In addition, you will lead and mentor software team members creating the software design utilizing written descriptions.
You will be expected to make design trade-offs, defend design decisions, and ensure the production of high-quality code within budget and schedule.
You will also ensure fulfillment of requirements via adherence to a well-defined software process and by following stringent coding standards.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts complex tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Liaises closely with other project team members in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercials software to ensure smooth operations on software engineering activities.
- Recommends changes in the selection and application of software production components to improve and develop software engineering activities.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and function.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior or relevant experience
- Embedded systems software development experience utilizing C or C++ (4+ years)
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Experience with real-time embedded applications
- Experience in developing products for civil or military applications meeting industry or government security or safety standards
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- TCP/IP network applications development experience (4+ years)
- UML experience (2+ years)
- Familiarity with ARINC 664 protocol (2+years)
- Experience following a well-defined software development process, e.g.
DO-178 (4+ years)
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or Technical discipline and 7 years of relevant experienceOR
- Advanced Degree in engineering or Technical discipline and 5 years of relevant experienceOR
- In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S.
positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collis Aerospace/UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Embedded Software Engineer, Location: Jamestown, ND