- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., amember of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruitingfor a Staff Manufacturing Process Development Engineer, MedicalDevice (Life Cycle/Sustaining) located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broadrange of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgicalstaplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in awide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethiconbusiness combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies,both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based inSomerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer insuture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety andelectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 yearsago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven therevolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues tolead the industry today.
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute multiple Life Cycle/Sustaining projects across multiple specialties and procedures
- Lead Life Cycle/Sustaining project portfolio for your assigned products to ensure a consistent quality supply of products is always available for the customer
- You will work with partner groups to gain alignment and support to achieve key milestones for component development and process improvement projects
- Partner with team to develop high-quality manufacturing processes at component suppliers and assembly plant
- Use appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies and process validation
- Problem solve manufacturing issues
- Seek opportunities to improve current manufacturing processes: improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, and reduce costs
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent, required
- A minimum of (7) years of work experience in manufacturing process development, required
- Experience working in a regulated environment, required
- Experience in Project Management and Manufacturing required
- Experience with Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt, preferred
- Experience in the medical device industry including Risk Management is preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, highly preferred
KeySkills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Social / communication skills
- Organizational / planning skills
- Analytic problem solving
- Process validation, capability and stability analysis, process control, design of experiments, and process improvement
- Experience with metals and plastics component process development, assembly process development, design for manufacturing / design for assembly
- Engineering drawing interpretation (GD&T)
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Financial analysis
- This position is located in Cincinnati and may require 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is anAffirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, orprotected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis ofdisability.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati- Organization
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
- ms project
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.