- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleStaff Nurse/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE19612Working TitleMed/Peds Triage NurseDepartment NameM3190:Polk-Dalton ClinicWork LocationPolk Dalton ClinicGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationADN
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related ExperienceNo experience required.
Required License/Registration/CertificationRegistered Nurse
Physical RequirementsSitting, standing, some lifting
Job SummaryThe Polk-Dalton Clinic is hiring a Med/Peds Triage Nurse. The primary responsibility of this nurse will be to provide phone triage functions for patients. This position requires working with medical professionals who are working under time constraints, caring for patients who have experienced serious health events, and who expect a high level of efficiency, accuracy and courtesy from the individual processing their call. A working knowledge of clinic areas and protocol, of medical terminology and procedures and general information regarding clinic programs and services will be needed to properly complete calls. A high level of customer service is necessary for this position.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesCustomer service and computer skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceAssociate’s degree, AEHR experience and 1 year of staff RN experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/17/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Do you have experience with Allscripts Electronic Health Records (AEHR)?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- AUTM.net (Assoc. of University Technology Managers)
- KyBar.org (Kentucky Bar Assoc.)
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents