- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is a Part-time, .9 FTE, 36 hours a week, non-exempt/hourly, night shift 7p-7a and every other weekend, and benefits eligible. BSN and RN experience preferred.
The Staff RN assists patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, safely, and as effectively as possible through their episode of care. The Staff RN prescribes delegates, supervises and provides patient care, plans for education, collaborates on plan for discharge and provides for patient safety and quality.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too.Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose .
Here, Everyone Matters . We’re 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet.Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes aCollaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to fosternewdiscoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job . It’s a calling. It’s achanceto use and grow your talent to make an impact thattrulymatters.Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud .
- Provides nursing care using a Family Centered approach.
- Assesses individualized patient needs. Communicates patient care needs and priorities to assigned Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), Unit Coordinators, and Allied Health personnel.
- Plans, implements, educates and evaluates care using Evidence-Based Practices.
- Utilizes Therapeutic Communication while monitoring the physical, psychological, and social needs of patients and families.
- Engages in the workplace community by staying aware of changes, participating in data collection or auditing, understanding Quality Improvement, and representing staff at relevant meetings and then reporting important information and updates back to staff.
- Documents according to organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Note: Regular, reliable and consistent attendance is an essential job function. Employees are expected to perform work as scheduled. Please see the physical requirements for this position listed below. Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Current CPR certification. Must be willing to obtain and maintain NRP and PALS certification as determined by your manager.
- BSN; Associate degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire. MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%) Using phone Frequently (34-66%) Sitting Frequently (34-66%) Standing Occasionally (0-33%) Lifting Occasionally (0-33%) Walking Frequently (34-66%)Must be able to independently lift up to 35 lbs.
Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and/or equipment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
About the company