- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This position is in the Walmart Performance Ads team under the Advertising Technology organization. The mission of the Advertising Technology organization is to advance Walmart eCommerce by driving higher value for our customers and vendor partners. Walmart is investing in building a world class advertising platform and the Walmart Performance Ads team is responsible for defining and performance advertising products that drive discovery, sales and profits. The team operates an end to end advertising platform that includes a scalable ad service that serves hundreds of millions of impressions each day, sophisticated ad matching algorithms, real-time reports, self-service interface for end to end program management etc.
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online and offline user activity. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop and Spark.
We are seeking talented and self-driven individuals to join the Walmart Performance Ads team. The mission of the Performance Ads team is to advance Walmart eCommerce by driving higher value for our customers and vendor partners.
In this role, you will:
- Work on both customer and advertiser facing experiences and be at the forefront of innovation around performance advertising products.
- Have an opportunity to own the customer experience around advertising on Walmart.com.
- Build the next generation of our advertiser self serve interfaces and have an opportunity for greenfield development using the latest in frontend technologies.
- 5+ years working in large scale enterprise software development environments
- 3+ years of experience to develop MV(C) based front end frameworks
- Proven ability in building large scale web applications with Single Page Applications (SPA) architecture
- Knowledge of popular existing templating technologies like Handlebars / Underscore / Mustache
- Experience in implementing popular tools/libraries/frameworks like Yo, Grunt, Bower, Jenkins, Chef, Yeoman, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, GIT into current SDLC
- 2+ years of experience in interactive and responsive web development using HTML5, CSS3, SASS and jQuery for mobiles and tablets
- Proven ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error/AJAX handling etc.
- 2+ years of experience in using performance, analytics and UX tools
- 2+ years of experience in Node.
- 2+ years of experience in Restful API services
- Active contributor of digital communities like Github, Stack Overflow or others
MS in computer science or engineering preferred (edited)
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.