- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for outstanding machine learning/data engineers with skills in distributed computing system and experience working with very large scale of data, who will work closely with machine learning/data scientists in the team, and contribute to Advertising Technology in driving the future of ad targeting, personalization, relevance, ranking, and campaign optimization.
Join us if you want to be spending your time on:
- Building, maintaining and monitoring scalable data pipelines to support modeling and optimization products;
- Analyzing, identifying, and debugging data related issues to ensure quality and stability of models and applications;
- Working with machine learning/data scientists to build prototypes and perform experiments;
- Working with engineering team to productize new features and products;
- Performing ad hoc data related analysis.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with 4+ years of experience in machine learning/data engineer role;
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop/Spark) and relational data base (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), and knowledge of NoSQL database;
- Strong implementation experience with a programming language (e.g., Jave/C++/Scala) and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl/Ruby), and familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in building scalable and reliable data pipelines for sourcing, cleaning and manipulating large volumes of data;
- Basic understanding of machine learning/statistics.
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas;
- Experience building and/or maintaining machine learning models and pipelines;
- Familiarity with job scheduler (e.g., Jenkins/Azkaban/Airflow);
- Experience with Elastic Search/Solr.
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.