- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 219567
- Relocation Authorized: National/International - Single
- Project No.: 00000
- Grade: 26
- Position to be Panel Interviewed?Yes
The Functional Support Instrumentation Startup Engineer’s key functions are to support all pre-commissioning, commissioning, maintenance and electrical and instrumentation operations work associated with refineries and LNG plants.
- Responsible for all planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating all electrical and instrumentation related activities through each of the following phases:startup, operations, and this includes review of designs for plant operability and safety and jobsite commissioning and startup assignments as directed.
- Perform work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of operations and maintenance manuals and procedures.
- Plan, guide, or prepare project administrative and technical documents as required for startup, maintenance, operation, or testing.
- Coordinate between startup, project engineering, construction, specialty staff groups and vendors.
- Assume a lead role over other technicians for specific tasks as assigned.Direct overall startup activities related to electrical and instrumentation.
- Train assigned personnel and assists them in their professional development.
- Is OG&C’s CSU representative in liaising with the I&E and Control Systems functions, Corporate Automation, and the Innovation group. Participates in implementation and helps in facilitation of new technology regarding control systems, automation, digitalization, and instrumentation on upcoming projects.
Duties and Responsabilities
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs startup activities within a discipline.Provides startup supervision or assistance at the jobsite as assigned.
- Participates in startup forecasting and preparation activities as required.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of operations and maintenance manuals.
- Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- Inputs to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup, operations and maintenance requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
- Reviews and approves key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
- Provides appropriate on-the-job training for site staff professional development.
- Liaises with OG&C Control Systems, Corporate Automation, and Innovation functions to develop, deploy, implement, and troubleshoot state of the art solutions and systems for use on projects and in the Houston office.
- Bachelor of science degree in Engineering (Electrical or Instrumentation) and/or equivalent related work experience.
- Prior experience in electrical and instrumentation pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup of major projects.
- Knowledge of engineering systems, applications of startup and operations and basic knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of Human Machine Interface devices.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the startup or operations area and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related areas. Ability to assist deployed teams during startup and performance testing.
- Good knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to plant or equipment operations.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.