- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
*This position is located in Sylmar, CA
Vallarta Supermarkets is a rapidly growing company looking to find people who thrive in a customer-focused environment.
We are a family-owned business with the aim of offering our customers the best customer service and quality in the industry.
Title: Store System Analyst
Reports To: Store Systems Manager
Under the direction of the Store Systems Manager, supports evolution of Vallarta's store systems portfolio.
The Analyst will work cross-functionally within Vallarta and with vendor-partners to develop and deliver solutions to our customers and store/corporate team members that are stable, improve operational efficiency, reduce capital cost/operational expense, and improve customer experience.
The Store Systems Analyst will be primarily responsible for deployment, implementation, and high-level support of grocery and restaurant point of sale (POS), self-checkout, digital menus, electronic payment systems, and online/mobile ordering.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads development efforts related to systems supporting the grocery and restaurant business, including but not limited to NCR Advanced Checkout Solution (ACS) hospitality NCR Aloha POS, restaurant digital menus, electronic payments, and multi-channel customer interaction (NCR online and mobile ordering). Must have an insight in developing business requirements, helping the business to understand system capabilities and limitations, and documenting/communicating requirements to vendors
· Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to vendor specifications
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
· Delivers systems to the business which are tested, customer-ready, and stable.
Responds appropriately to issues
· Communicates rigorously and proactively with business partners, IT team members, and vendors.
Leaves management and peers with no doubt regarding status
· Organize and schedule local/remote software upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
· Prepare system use documentation to support end user training
· Prepare documentation and train in-house helpdesk and field support in store systems to enable those teams to diagnose issues and correct common issues
· Support in-house helpdesk and field support teams in the resolution of any escalated issues related to deployment and configuration
· Use remote software to manage store systems (Bomgar, VNC, RDP)
· Deploy and configure retail weighting scales for perishable departments and mobile devices
· Open and follow-up on incidents with hardware and software vendors
Knowledge and Skills:
· 2 years of experience working on a retail environment
· Must have CompTIA A+ or equivalent work experience
· Must have MSCA or equivalent work experience on windows-based server systems and scripting included but not limited to windows batch files and PowerShell scripts
· Configuration, customization and automation on Microsoft Windows operating systems
· Experience working on TCP/IP networks, DNS and DHCP
· Retail point of sale and payment systems knowledge
· Basic understanding of the Payment Card Industry requirements (PCI)
· Basic SQL and related database systems understanding
· High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
· Computer Science AS or BS certificate desired but not required
· Spanish proficiency is preferred but not required
Required Education and Experience:
· Travel to stores in central and southern California during deployment phase of IT related projects.
Candidate must use own car.
Mileage is paid at federal rate
· Schedule must be flexible to work some nights and weekends depending on the projects at hand
· Must be available afterhours as a point of escalation when vendor and in-house helpdesk personnel are not able to resolve issues related to configuration and/or deployment
· Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, particularly about anticipating and solving issues or concerns before they occur or become critical
· Maintain documentation of their activities and having checklists for the various tasks in their respective area of responsibility
· Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and be flexible and agile to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines
· Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience (system administrators, network administrators, database administrators, analysts, field technicians and helpdesk personnel)
· Ability to troubleshoot various point of sale hardware and software programs, leveraging knowledge, experience, vendors, and peers to arrive at situation-appropriate solution
· Effective verbal and written communication; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
· Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and manage multiple efforts, giving each appropriate focus to maintain momentum and deliver.
Time-management is a must
· Candidate must be able to take on multiple projects as the business requires it
· Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
· Skilled in image creation and deployment of Windows operating system for specific hardware configurations (Acronis, Clonezilla, Norton Ghost, etc.) and validate that each image meets the customers' requirements and internal quality guidelines
· Good understanding and ability to work around scripts and system configuration files including but not limited to .INI, .XML, .CFG, .BAT, .PS, etc.
· Ability to create, manage and maintain windows scheduled tasks
· Ability to support Spanish speaking store personnel at a basic level
· Bilingual Spanish (fluent: read, write, and speak)
· May also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time
· Some travel and overnight stays from time to time
· This position requires up to 10%
- 25% travel
· Combination of working within the stores and corporate office
· Will be required to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
· This is non-exempt level position; schedule would be based on business necessity, including weekends as needed and coordinated through the reporting supervisor.
· Monday to Friday 8:00am
- 5:00pm (available to a flexible schedule based on needs).
· Open to work Weekends and Holidays
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees may perform other duties as directed.
All employees are expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company goals and objectives.