- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you'll stay focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in financial planning, data modeling, SQL, or consulting.
- CPA, CFA or MBA
- 2 years of relevant financial or analytical experience from a technology, management consulting, investment banking/financial services, or Fortune 500 company
- Extensive Excel financial modeling experience; SQL skills
- Exposure to FP&A or corporate finance functions and processes.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and broadly-scoped projects. Candidate should be comfortable building processes and analyses from scratch and making well-reasoned assumptions with imperfect data.
- Strong attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and excellent communication skills
- Collaborate with global finance team and cross-functional business partners to advance Google-wide operational efficiency and velocity efforts, gathering updates, monitoring financial progress and risks, and synthesizing and presenting the information for senior executives
- Extract and consolidate data from disparate sources (various internal systems, sheets, presentations) to analyze progress towards operational excellence in key focus areas like procurement, machine/data center utilization, and global location strategy
- Deep dive on select operational focus areas to share best practices with teams, set metrics for evaluating progress, and advise on best practices to measure impact
- Develop and maintain dashboards to inform partners of key operational health metrics and enable better decision-making
- Work on other strategic finance projects for senior leadership, including sizing new opportunities, assessing new markets, and competitive intelligence
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate