- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lenovo’s Data Center Group is hiring a Strategy Director to help lead the
Strategy & Transformation team. This role will act as an independent, trusted
advisor helping shape the short- and long-term Strategy for DCG. The Strategy
Director will personally drive strategic initiatives based on qualitative and
quantitative data analyzing the technological, market, competitive, and marco
geo-political trends. This role will focus on and require a deep
understanding of the role of software and services play across the data center
segments from core data centers to edge computing. The ideal candidate will
have a deep expertise of the external ecosystem, trends, and profit pools
surrounding data centers. This role will influence internal roadmaps and
recommend build vs buy vs partner paths, and coordinate DCG Inorganic
• Monitor industry, competitive, and technology trends, and publish deep-dive
• Be the “go-to” source for market information and implications
• Partner with analysts to provide technical depth to ecosystem analysis and
• Influence and help formulate short-term tactical and long-term strategic
direction of specific business units
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, strategy or related field
• 7+ years of experience in related industry a must;
• Expertise in critically reviewing & summarizing findings, and translating to
recommendations for upper level management
• Experience evaluating business trends and assessing market conditions
• M&A experience
• Storage or Networking experience
• Deep understanding of software defined architectures and/or cloud computing
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the areas/actions that impact
• Ability to think strategically
With 50,000+ employees and $45B+ in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a
global leader in innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies.
We are a member of the Fortune Global 500, and recently made Forbes’ “Top
Regarded Companies” list coming in at #27 out of the world’s top 2,000
companies. Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic
growth, but also due to several recent acquisitions.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. We are proud to be a truly global
company, as our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the
globe. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture
that helps us achieve our goals.
About the company
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and data center technology.
As a member of the Fortune Global 500 and Interbrand’s 100 most valuable global brands, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to the acquisitions of Motorola Mobility and IBM’s x86 Server business.
Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, networking, software (including ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile solutions), smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps.
Our product line includes: ThinkPad, YOGA, Miix, Legion By Lenovo gaming, Ideacentre, Thinkcentre, Moto Z and Moto Mods.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. As a true global company, our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. Everyone at Lenovo takes great pride in our ability to attract top talent from diverse backgrounds. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals.