- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
72848 Strategy and Operations 5/16/2019 Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Lenovo’s Data Center Group is hiring a Strategy Director to help lead the Strategy & Transformation team. This role will act as an independent, trusted advisor helping shape the short- and long-term Strategy for DCG. The Strategy Director will personally drive strategic initiatives based on qualitative and quantitative data analyzing the technological, market, competitive, and marco geo-political trends. This role will focus on and require a deep understanding of the role of software and services play across the data center segments from core data centers to edge computing. The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise of the external ecosystem, trends, and profit pools surrounding data centers. This role will influence internal roadmaps and recommend build vs buy vs partner paths, and coordinate DCG Inorganic activities.
• Monitor industry, competitive, and technology trends, and publish deep-dive analyses accordingly
• Be the “go-to” source for market information and implications
• Partner with analysts to provide technical depth to ecosystem analysis and tech briefs
• Influence and help formulate short-term tactical and long-term strategic direction of specific business units
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, strategy or related field
• 7+ years of experience in related industry a must;
• Expertise in critically reviewing & summarizing findings, and translating to recommendations for upper level management
• Experience evaluating business trends and assessing market conditions
• M&A experience
• Storage or Networking experience
• Deep understanding of software defined architectures and/or cloud computing a plus
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the areas/actions that impact profitability
• Ability to think strategically
With 50,000+ employees and $45B+ in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies.
We are a member of the Fortune Global 500, and recently made Forbes’ “Top Regarded Companies” list coming in at #27 out of the world’s top 2,000 companies. Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to several recent acquisitions.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. We are proud to be a truly global company, as our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals.
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.