- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition Number STU004762Classification TitleStudent AssistantWorking TitleForeign Languages - Tutor (Spring 2020)Department390012071A-ICFA-Foreign LanguagesLocationStatesboro CampusPosition SummaryProvides assistance to students enrolled in foreign language courses; assists with writing guidance, reading comprehension, and grammar review in German, Japanese, Latin, Spanish; maintains tutoring attendance log; uses own computer to provide tutoring virtually.
Shift specifics: up to 5 hours per week; must be available between 10 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Thursday.
Student employees cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period.
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Minimum Education RequiredMust be enrolled in six or more undergraduate credit hours or three or more graduate credit hours at Georgia Southern University.
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience RequiredNone
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEffective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; successful completion of the background investigation process prior to employment.
Preferred ExperiencePreferred EducationPursuing a degree in Modern Languages and/or successful completion of at least (6) credit hours of upper-division level of foreign language courses with a grade of “B” or better.
Salary Range$8.00 - $10.00 per hourJob Open Date12/02/2019Job Close Date12/06/2019Position StatusPart-TimeSpecial Instructions for ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/64233Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the spring semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a student position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Have you completed at least 6 or more credit hours of upper-division Foreign Language courses with a grade of "B" or better?
- * Please use the field below to indicate which language(s) you wish to tutor: (Open Ended Question)