- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title: Enrollment Services - Office Assistant
Department: Enrollment Services (Student Financial Services, Admissions, Records and Registration)
Anticipated Starting Date: November, 2019
To be eligible for student employment, students must maintain enrollment of six (6) NMC credits during fall and spring semesters, and a minimum of three (3) NMC credits during summer semester.
All students maintaining less than full time enrollment are required to be part of the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement (MPSERS). To be exempt from MPSERS, you will need to be considered a full time student, enrolled in at least the following number of credits: Fall 12 credit hours; Spring 12 credit hours; Summer 6 credit hours.
Enrollment Services - Office Assistant-Student Employee is responsible for answering phones, opening and distributing mail, copying, scanning documents, scanning and indexing of student financial aid, records and registration and admission documents, greeting and assisting students, parents, staff and visitors to Enrollment Services offices as trained. The student employee is also required to work in the Banner student software system performing data entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. • Open, sort and distribute the mail
- Answer multi-line telephone
- Prepare mail for pick up (fold and stuff)
- Copy, scan and index documents
- Occasionally cover front desk greeting and assisting students, parents, staff, faculty and visitors
- Read, create and respond to emails as needed
- Assemble various packets for presentations, orientations, handouts and mailings
- Shred confidential student documents as assigned by Enrollment Services staff
- Scan and index documents to student computer files.
- EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Must be enrolled half time during the semester (minimum NMC academic credits: 6 for fall; 6 for spring; 3 for summer)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Computer skills, including knowledge of and the ability to use the Internet, email, and calendaring software
- One to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This is a part-time, NMC student position. Student must be available for 15 – 20 hours per week. This position may include some nights and weekends.
Open until filled. For questions or assistance, email email@example.com or call 231-995-2612.
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.