- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Description:Student Financial Aid Administrator
Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are being sought for a Student Financial Aid Administrator in the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Student Financial Aid Administrator will plan, operate, process and report a wide range of financial aid programs and services provided by the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) to a diverse student population. OSFA is responsible for the administration and coordination of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs totaling over $843 million annually and provide financial aid information and services to nearly 37,000 students.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service/Outreach/Training –
- Provide advice and counsel to clients of the Office of Student Financial Aid, either in-person, by telephone or through written correspondence (including e-mail).
- Be knowledgeable of all student financial aid programs and services.
- Serve as liaison with University offices and other related financial aid agencies.
- Utilize available resources and provide presentations to large groups as well as work one-on-one with students and their families.
- Represent OSFA on institutional, state and federal committees and at professional conferences and workshops.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of legislation governing financial aid programs and federal needs analysis methodology.
- Exercise professional judgment when financial aid program guidelines do not seem to adequately address a specific situation.
Program Administration –
- Coordinate the staff efforts required to carry out program responsibilities and educate/train other office staff regarding the programs for which they are responsible.
- Responsible for the administration of programs and execution of procedures specified on the Office of Student Financial Aid Program Responsibilities list.
- Responsible for student awarding, disbursement and reconciliation of federal, state and institutional financial aid; accounting and funds management; maintenance of student records; application in-take and processing; verification of student records; and scholarship administration.
Education and experience:
Required - - Bachelor's degree.
- One year of work experience in student financial aid, customer service, or a related field; or a Master's degree in student personnel, higher education administration, business administration, or a related field.
Preferred - - Master's degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, Business Administration or a related field.
- Successful experience in student financial aid or customer service.
- Experience presenting information to large groups of people.
- Experience speaking Spanish in formal and informal settings, to include translation.
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Applications must be received by December 2, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1 - Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2 - Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3 - Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment required), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, you may contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Provost Category:2-Administrative Title:Student Financial Aid Administrator - Office of Student Financial Aid (124853) Open Date:11/08/2019 Close Date:12/02/2019 Organization Name:Student Financial Aid-Admin
- customer service