- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Posting Number20110850-2Job TitleStudent – Financial Aid AssistantPay Rate $9.45 per hourJob CategoryStudentDepartmentFINANCIAL AID Position Summary Information
Job Description SummaryThe Financial Aid Assistant will provide basic administrative duties for the Department of Financial Aid. This position will also provide assistance to students and parents in completing the financial aid process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will learn basic Banner screens and financial aid concepts and processes
• Utilize document imaging software to create and maintain digital files
• Organize and distribute financial aid information including copying, filing and mailings; execute the mail merge process for financial aid mailings
• Office coverage during staff meetings and required trainings for Financial Aid staff – respond to student and parent financial aid inquiries, direct incoming calls
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
Required Qualifications• Effective communication skills
• Basic clerical and computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications• Experience with data entry, Excel and Word
Other InformationSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsYou must be enrolled at the College on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum of 6 credit hours during fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours during the summer semester); contact hours will not be used to meet the 6 credit hour minimum.
High-school students who are dual enrolled are eligible for student employment. You must also meet the credit hour requirement.
You must be enrolled or continuing your education with a four-year College partner, on the campus of SMC, and be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the summer semester.
All student employees must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to be eligible for student employment.
Physical RequirementsMust be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
B. Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
C. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
D. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
E. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Close Date12/06/2019Quicklinkhttp://swmich.peopleadmin.com/postings/2964Reference Requests
Reference Request Details
Accept ReferencesYesMinimum Requests1Maximum Requests3Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter