- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DescriptionThe Office of Student Financial Aid is looking to recruit 3 Student Financial Aid Counselor, Seniors. The Student Financial Aid Counselor, Sr. is a customer service driven professional. The Counselor advises parents, students and colleagues on financial aid in accordance to Title IV, State and Institutional regulations. The Counselor is responsible to assess financial need so that students’ have the financial assistance needed to meet educational goals. The Counselor awards financial aid funds according to Title IV, State and Institutional regulations. Second tier resource for the Enrollment Services Center to analyze and assess complex financial aid issues to independently counsel students and parents to determine and initiate a course of action to appropriately resolve them while insuring all service level agreements are adhered to.
Essential Duties includes:
- Consults with Assistant Director(s) when issues require further review to consider options that will effectively and satisfactory meet customer needs within University policy.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions for students and/ or parents either by appointment, phone, or walk-ins.
- Uses Salesforce to resolve and respond to student concerns.
- Reviews and makes written decisions on cases such as SAP, Independency Appeals and Change of Circumstance, etc.
- Represent the office in outreach events (i.e., local colleges, Incept, Panther Preview, etc).
- Award financial aid according to program regulations (may include HOPE, Loans, FAFSA awarding, Work Study, R2T4, over awards, Electronic Funds Transfers, Scholarships).
- Responsible for reconciling program processes for functional unit (may include HOPE, Loans, Pell awarding, Work Study, R2T4, Over awards, Electronic Funds Transfers, Scholarships).
- Work with other GSU departments to coordinate the tracking, awarding and disbursing of internal scholarship funds.
- Contact for external scholarship funding sources. Receive funds; compile scholarships lists. Disburse funds to Student Accounts.
- Certify applications for loans and external scholarships.
- Review aid applications for accuracy and verify application information with supporting documentation.
- Responsible to keep abreast of Financial Aid Policies and Procedures. Working within functional unit to continuously improve processes in the office.
- Assist with Banner System testing. Alerting management to anomalies before system goes live.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and two years of financial aid or counseling or student personnel experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit11/15/19, 8:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Enrollment Management
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 11/07/19, 5:11:18 AM
- customer service