- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Student Services Officer�School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United StatesNew�Student Services�9 hours ago Post Date�85566 Requisition #The School of Engineering
StanfordEngineering has been at the forefront of innovationfor nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed theworlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, businessand beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takerswho pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni includesome of the world's most successful leaders intechnology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling StanfordEngineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some ofthe world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make theworld a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniquesand systems.
Founded in 1965, the Stanford ComputerScience (CS) Department continues to lead the world in computer science researchand education influencing society at levels that remain without parallel amongacademic institutions. Its spin-offs are among the most successful corporateventures in the world, and many of the leaders in the academic and corporateresearch world are graduates of the Stanford CS Department.
The Student Services Officer 1 providessupport to the Educational Affairs Division of the Computer Science Department.This person assists with degree progress oversight for approximately 600 CSMasters students, including reviewing student records, advising students notmaking adequate progress towards their degrees, and approving MS students forgraduation each quarter. In addition, this person works with the CS department’sdiversity committee on its initiatives, including budgeting, outreach, andprogram evaluation. This person also coordinates the CS Department’s summerstudent research program which involves working with faculty, matching studentsto research projects and ensuring a successful summer research experience forthe student participants. The Student Services Officer submits hire forms forvisiting instructors and section leaders and performs other duties as needed.
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed bypositions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or beinterpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, andresponsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending ondepartment or program needs without changing the general nature and scope ofthe job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties asassigned
- Oversee, review and administer student records by analyzing data, counseling students and providing recommendations that require interpretation and influence decisions.
- Develop recommendations and collaborate with staff, faculty and other offices to resolve programmatic issues within the school and across functional units, (such as strategizing to ensure optimal enrollment).
- Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic program policies, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Provide first line response to identify students in crisis and refer to appropriate resources, as needed.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources including student feedback, surveys, trend reports, and data analytics. Prepare and summarize reports and make recommendations to enhance program offerings.
- Identify trends, perform needs analysis, and participate in the implementation and testing of new technology.
- May develop marketing materials and strategies for program activities and outreach functions.
- May provide oversight with the administration offinancial processes such as financial reimbursements, data entry, reviewingterms and conditions regarding contracts, understanding vendor requirements,and following up and resolving issues
Education & Experience:Bachelor’s degree and two years ofrelevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
Certifications and Licenses:None
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under thelaw, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee witha disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions ofthe job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with allapplicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to thepersonnel policies and other policies found in the University’s AdministrativeGuide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7501
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 85566
- customer service