- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Job TitleSUNY Cortland Admissions Tour Guide Spring 2020DepartmentAdmissionsJob Description/DutiesThe admissions office hosts numerous of recruitment events throughout the year. These events include daily tour visits, weekend programs, Open Houses, and student panels. We’re looking for students to give tours to prospective students and their families.
Days/Hours NeededBased on student availability. Typically 3-6 hours per week.
Campus Location/Bldg.Miller Building, Admissions Office
Required Qualifications- Strong communication skills
- Excellent public speaker
- Love for SUNY Cortland
- Ability to relate well to others
Preferred Qualifications- Previous experience volunteering with the admissions office
- Experience working with diverse populations
Physical Demands- Ability to walk around campus for at least two hours
- Ability to project voice to large crowds
Special Conditions for EligibilityPreference will be given to students who have previously volunteered in the Admissions office as a student ambassador
Contact Name(s) & Email(s)Jessica Zito Bilek
Salary GradeD-$12.10/hrSalary Posting Detail Information
Posting NumberSA19036Review Start Date11/07/2019Open Date11/07/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsPreference will be given to students who have participated in previous admissions programs such as regular campus tours, open houses, and bus trips.
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe yourself in three words. (Open Ended Question)
- * Why did you chose to come to SUNY Cortland? (Open Ended Question)
- * What would you change about your Cortland experience? (Open Ended Question)
- * How would you describe SUNY Cortland to a prospective student? (Open Ended Question)
- * Who inspires you? (Open Ended Question)
- * If you were a superhero what power would you chose and why? (Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To ApplyRequired Documents
- Class Schedule (Student Positions Only)
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- ms project