- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Entertainment Production Audio/Video Supervisor
Theme Parks – Entertainment
This temporary project position will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining the design implementation, installation, and operation of audio/video systems of assigned Entertainment projects of various scale, including marquee events, park theatrical entertainment, place making efforts, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works with the audio/video management team, in addition to the Creative Department, vendors, and other partners, to ensure proper implementation, maintenance, and operation of audio/video designs, equipment, and elements on assigned projects.
Attends project meetings as required, facilitating the exchange of information between all stakeholders.
Assist with the creation, accuracy, and approval of audio video project drawings.
Working with audio/video team and project management, presents needs and solutions for design changes and challenges in order to maintain the creative vision and design intent.
Assists with the development of system design based on project specifications and needs, working with the technical team on implementation and installation.
Responsible for the management of audio/video vendors through the duration of projects.
Maintains documents and system files to ensure proper installation, operation, and archiving of all audio/video systems.
Continually performs quality checks for ongoing creative and aesthetic maintenance of elements.
Oversee and track audio/video inventory, shipping, maintenance, and repairs of all project related audio/video equipment.
• Minimum 5 years experience in theatrical or entertainment audio/video design, implementation, or production.
• Extensive theme park experience in technical audio/video production for live theatrical entertainment.
• Strong working knowledge of various software programs including but not limited to: Q-SYS, QLab, Midi Designer Pro, Mainstage, ProTools.
• Strong working knowledge of various hardware systems including but not limited to: Yamaha digital audio consoles, QSC digital audio consoles, Alcorm McBride, Geffen, Blackmagic, Brightsign, Gilderfluke.
• Expert ability with networking and troubleshooting complex systems.
• Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and nights as required.
• Bachelors degree in Theatrical Production or related field, with emphasis in audio/video system design and/or implementation.
• Solid background managing projects from concept to completion.
• Solid understanding of production of live entertainment in a theme park environment.
• Solid understanding of QSC systems and Q-SYS programming.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, with ability to multi-task and delegate as required.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with various levels of management.
• Ability to handle ambiguity and constant change in fast pace environments with accelerated production schedules.
• Strong passion to drive high quality results for the end product as well as the process.
• Must be a strong team player.
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.