- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Supervisor Labor Support
Parks & Resorts
Under the direction of the Manager Scheduling, oversee and manage the day to day operations of the Scheduling (~15 employees) and Labor Support (~16 employees) teams at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Supervise and lead team by providing guidance/training and prioritizing tasks while monitoring scheduling and support processes and reporting
Oversee Labor Support response to vast array of requests, making frequent judgment calls, conceiving alternate solutions, ensuring highest level of service, and helping to solve daily operational issues across the board
Deliver start to finish schedule excellence including schedule creation, adjustments and day-of shift staffing
Maintain a strong focus on business priorities and demonstrate persistence in follow through by effectively analyzing issues, timely decisions and recommendations
Train and mentor department managers/supervisors and employee to simplify and improve compliance with scheduling process and to better meet both parties needs
Manage administrative tasks related to schedule creation in TimeKeeper, including job/venue, charge codes, employee availability and other employee records
Ensure excellent employee service and ensure that other associated administrative tasks are handled efficiently and professionally
Manage and develop the team to drive technical expertise and job satisfaction
Assist management with all necessary administrative duties (including, but not limited to, office work, database creation, answer questions regarding employee availability and schedule as it relates to potential discipline)
Adhere to, and report on, Scheduling department variable labor budgets; including OT, meal penalties, variances and employee clocking activity.
Prepare reports as requested for review by Management
Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED required
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience managing a large team (20-30 people) in an office environment
• Experience managing a team with significant and varied job tasks under deadlines
• Must have open availability, including weekends, holidays and nights
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Proactive and self-starter mindset
• Strong administrative, problem solving, follow thru and project management skills.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Able to maintain confidentiality relevant to employee information in partnering with Human Resources and management staff
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment while managing competing priorities and ensuring completeness / accuracy of all deliverables
• Ability to work independently, identify and communicate solutions to challenges, maintain a strong focus on business priorities, and be persistent in follow-through
• Proven ability to communicate with all business levels over the phone, through written communication and in-person to create a comfortable and appropriate professional relationship
• Previous experience with creating and managing budgets
• Previous experience managing administrative functions
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.