- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Supervisor, Manufacturing. This position is responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and lean principles. They are responsible for their shifts' performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time delivery and cost. Oversight of calibration system.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott
- Maintain high level of visibility with production staff
- Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff in problem solving
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of worker morale, satisfaction, and performance
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior
- Help production staff succeed through performance management
- Provide coaching and performance communication to support development
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices
- Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping
- Actively provide change leadership as required
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation
- Support production staff in understanding company policies and practices
- Maintain time and production records
- Take notice of process related problems and support production staff in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team
- Communicate with and listen to production staff on a daily basis regarding work team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback
- Maintains a safe and professional work environment
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand St. Jude Medical’s marketplace success:
- 3-5 years of manufacturing operations industry experience
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Associate degree or above preferred
- Previous experience in manufacturing operations with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principals is preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.