- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America
00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
May 3, 2019
Job Description SummaryWhy Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better
Responsible for the supervision of Production Department personnel to ensure the efficient production of the highest quality product at the lowest cost in meeting customer demands.Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
- Select, supervise and develop Production Department personnel
- Ensure all department production equipment is maintained up to company standards.
- Ensure department is in compliance with all federal and state regulations along with company policy/procedure.
- Monitor and enforce proper sanitation and housekeeping procedures
- Utilize Operational Excellence tools to deliver productivity improvements
- Conduct scheduled meetings (department, safety) - Develop workforce through supervision, coaching, and training.
- Ensure all plans and strategies are effectively communicated throughout the department.
- Review, alter, and approve all departmental scheduling issues.
- Manage customer service and personnel issues
- High School Diploma or GED Required, Bachelor's Degree in technical or engineering preferred
- 1 year in supervisory roles of people & processes
- 3 years production/manufacturing experience, preferably in the food and/or beverage industry.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Basic computer and database application skills.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of food safety
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under the Coke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with others including Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, lime, or coffee. In 2013, Coke products could be found in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers downing more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day