- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Completes professional level engineering assignments related to a specific field or discipline. Participates in projects involving the Design,fabrication,validation,and manufacture of complex instrument subassemblies,systems or processes.
- Plans and performs assignments of a wide degree of difficulty.
- Performs developmental and/or test work that relies heavily on a comprehensive knowledge of theory and design.
- Analyzes,develops,and recommends design approaches required to meet design and production requirements for new or enhanced instruments.
- Compiles and evaluates design and test data,prepares technical specifications,and determines appropriate limits and variables for product,process,or materials specifications.
- Coordinates with technical support personnel to conduct prototype or experimental runs of products or processes.
- Applies the results of reviews of literature,patents,and current practices relevant to the solution of current problems.
- May assign work to designers,technical writers,and engineering technicians.
- Coordinate activities with other areas May provide input on potential candidates to be hired into the team,Interface with product team members,PCB designers,manufacturing or design engineer,R&D,marketing,regulatory (internal) and site engineering.
- Analyzes Data and Procedures /Recommends Solutions: Analyzes data,procedures,or design requirements taking into account financial and business considerations,draws conclusions and recommends options for complex or multiple process and product problems.,Creates/ Modifies Designs for Intermediate Problems: Designs or modifies and specifies more complex components,subsystems,or software programs,writes detailed design specifications.
- Integrates Project Activities: Estimates and coordinates resources needed (material,time,budget,and people) to accomplish a task: makes estimates based on program schedule and requirements.,Translates Regulatory Requirements into Validation Process: Creates efficient protocols for validation of complex system functions and defines validation process.
- Exchanges Information: Exchanges information with appropriate frequency and within a time frame to maximize its utility and promote cross functional collaboration,verifies that information is understood by the recipient.
- Adapts Information to Customer Needs: Delivers communications tailored to the needs of the receiver (Managers,peers,customer) Makes Presentations : Defines purpose and objectives,organizes ideas,prepares A-V aids,keeps to time frame and presents intelligibly.
- Actively Listens: Listen actively to acquire information and understand the others viewpoint.
- Give Constructive Feedback: Give appropriate,helpful information specific to the issue,uses examples,ties feedback to specific business issues.
- Resolves Conflicts: Faces conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them constructively so all parties can be productive,knows when to involve others.
- Actively Participates in Team Meetings: Actively participates in design review to meet team goals by offering pro and con suggestions,works toward consensus.
- Shares Resources,Knowledge and Accountability: Shares resources and knowledge,assures the team takes accountability,draws on strengths of each team member.
- Serves in Multiple Team Roles: Serves as leader,contributor,facilitator,consultant,technical expert,arbitrator,evaluator according to the needs of the team and task.
- Initiates Decisions: Makes timely and effective decisions,considers alternatives,uses sound judgment,achieves closure on work Confronts Issues: Confronts issues in a constructive manner and at an appropriate organizational level,perseveres in the face of adversity.
- Motivates Others: Keeps morale high by encouraging others,giving positive feedback and setting a good example,makes and keeps commitments.
- Receive/Give Performance Feedback: Asks for and gives feedback on the strengths and development needs of self/ others.
- Identify Future Development Needs: Translates changes in business goals and objectives into the skills,knowledge and experience needed for future work Plans for and Achieves Development: Prepares a plan that sets appropriate development goals,establishes timelines to fulfill development needs,balances the time needed for accomplishing current work and achieving development goals.
- Recognizes risk: Recognizes risks relative to procedures and regulatory requirements,and take appropriate action.
- Quantifies Risks: Identifies and quantifies technical risks and their consequences relative to the overall success of the project,recommends appropriate actions,Aligns Strategy to Customer Needs: Modifies operational practices and technical recommendations to accommodate internal and external customer needs.
- Recommends Responses to Technical Trends: Synthesizes technical and customer information to analyze and recommend responses to market and competitive trends,Develop or Refines Processes or Components: Develops new or refines existing processes or components for systems.
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or closely related discipline with two to four years of related work experience or sufficient transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree. Minimum 2 years experience.
United States Irving : LC-02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.