- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) I seeking an Associate Supply Base Management Specialist (Level 2) to join our Supply Chain Organization in Huntsville, AL.
- Participates in managing supplier/subcontractor business relationships, in-service requirements and performance to contractual obligations and expectations.
- Gathers and reviews data for use in supplier performance evaluations.
- Identifies and communicates potential risks and issues.
- Provides support in the development of mitigation plans.
- Deploys operating authority to improve product delivery and quality performance.
- Supports the development and implementation of supplier project plans.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (Ability to obtain interim and/or final clearance Post-Start.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience working directly with suppliers or supplier management.
- Experience in program management within supplier management.
- Experience in supplier management or supply chain management.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- More than 1 year of experience managing suppliers/vendors to deliver products and services.
- More than 1 year of experience working with suppliers in a technical capacity.
- More than 1 year of experience in root cause analysis and Corrective action.
- More than 1 year of experience with proposal development and contract negotiations.
- More than 1 year of experience with various contract types for example: Time & Materials, Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus type Government contracts, etc.
- More than 1 year of experience working with U.S. Department of Defense contracts.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience, 7 years' related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.