- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Work with Abbott Nutrition major retail customers. Implement efficient supply chain activities to improve customer service, speed to customer, in stock levels at customer and reduced Abbott Nutrition supply chain costs. Help Abbott Nutrition become an influencer for supply chain improvements and maintain a sustainable margin on the Kroger and Food East business while driving change internally to service this customer.
- Work with Retail Customers to identify industry trends to allow Abbott Nutrition to leverage change and be considered a best in class partner.
- Take an active role in the vendor community to foster best practice knowledge transfer and sharing.
- Identify and help with the implementation of "Best Practice" supply chain processes with Retail Customers.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Retail Sales, Corporate Service Organization (CSO), and Logistics on customer supply issues including; fines, shortages, unloading delays, hour of service impacts, transportation collaboration opportunities.
- Must internally own, communicate and execute the retail supply chain needs to be considered a top partner with Retail Customers.
- Must be willing to communicate the needs of Abbott’s Retail Customers and own the execution of the programs. This will include leading the development of customer specific programs, customer analysis, returns reductions, shipping and technical needs and supply chain issue resolution all while maintaining sustainable margins.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Penetrate high levels of the customer supply chain management to develop "supply chain captain" status on critical issues.
- Work with Kroger/Food East stores to improve "order to cash" supply processes including; efficient "go to market" planning/execution, efficient return goods processes and to establish collaborative supply chain relationships.
- Implement programs to improve service, improve speed to customer and reduce Abbott Nutrition supply chain costs.
- Strong knowledge on the retail expectations of shipping, packaging, growth and strategies for Abbott Nutrition.
- This role should be viewed internally as an expert in the channel and consulted on what “Best in Class” looks like for the retail business.
- Manage the Abbott Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) program with Kroger, lead the CPFR team members and support the S&OP forecasting process.
- Seven to ten years supply chain experience in the Consumer Package Goods industry.
- Three to five years’ experience with the retail customer space.
- This should include experience in transportation, warehousing, inventory management, customer supply chain management, accounts receivable and system requirements.
- Team Player, strong leadership skills and the ability to present and influence others.
- Kroger Supply Chain experience.
- Track record of developing supply chain solutions and influencing Kroger leadership to implement those solutions
- Strong understanding of S&OP process as well as experience in developing monthly shipment forecast
BS/BA Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering. MBA Preferred
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
DIVISION:ANPD Nutrition Products
LOCATION:United States Columbus : PX3
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.