- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Modeler in Mossville, Illinois. As a Supply Chain Modeler at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for facility Supply Chain Modeling to optimize inventory levels for New Product Introduction (NPI), New Source Introduction (NSI), and governance around strategic inventory buffering to support PFEP initiatives to support increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results.
* Deploy the Supply Chain Planning Process, which develops the Plan for Every Part and Pull Replenishment methods for a facility.
* Work effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams in order to apply the
supply chain planning process and lead team efforts to develop lean material flow plans for a facility.
* Gathers and analyzes data on facility demand and demand variability for each part required for production based on daily demand buckets for 120 work days. This role gathers and analyzes data about supplier shipping performance and variability percentage for each part number (both Time and Qty)
* Assists in the development of material flow plans for all material coming into a facility for production. Incumbent reviews, analyzes and cleans data prior to migration it into the PFEP Web Tool.
* Leads the work of Supply Chain Planning Analysts in the documentation
of this data into the Plan for Every Part web tool.
* Creating and maintaining a site level Flow Map for parts used in
production. This position enables / coaches facility employees to utilize PFEP templates to load and maintain data in PFEP Web Tool, and provides reports and information to facility resources requiring PFEP information.
* College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, isrequired
* 3 years of Supply Chain Guru modeling experience
* Experience with the CPS RIW and Value Stream Transformation process
* Minimum of five years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience
Top Candidates will also have:
* Previous experience as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst or Engineer desired
* Experience in the development and deployment of Supply Chain processes
* A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Manufacturing Engineering,
* Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics is highly desired.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.