- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to perform routine-to-moderately complex technical work in replenishment planning, to establish and maintain accurate records and reports, and to perform other work as necessary in support of effective and efficient operations of the Supply Chain department.
The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and works within a general outline of work to be performed, and develops work methods and processes under general supervision.
*This position is based and workes in Spartanburg, SC with no relocation provided.
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position.
Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the position as necessary:
· Understands MRP driven demand and utilizes forecasting and MRP software to plan for the replenishment of goods offered by Prym Consumer USA.
· Builds supplier relationships within the established acceptable norm by the company.
· Monitors demand fluctuation and communicates with suppliers as necessary to expedite deliveries and resolve shipping/invoicing discrepancies and problems with product quantity and/or quality.
· Scrutinizes supplier payment requests and validates basis for payment prior to requesting payment from Accounting Department.
· Communicates with Marketing and Sales Departments to guarantee optimal deliveries meeting continually changing demand.
· Reviews new product specifications for the purchase of semi-finished and finished goods to confirm information adequacy and smooth introduction of new products.
· Monitors purchase orders cycle through completion of transaction at product delivery; where necessary, communicates with receiving department and suppliers to avoid occurrence and/or accumulation of overdue POs.
· Verifies conformance between system receipt quantities and PO ordered quantities; clears any discrepancies with receiving department and/or suppliers.
· Uses purchasing related data to analyze expenses and works to improve purchasing efficiency.
· Reviews submitted price change requests for compliance with specifications; analyzes impact to affirm price change grounds and works with Supply Chain Manager to determine the best direction for negotiation.
May be required to conduct negotiation.
· Assists in developing and implementing replenishment policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Participates in conducting scheduled and ad hoc audit procedures to verify compliance with set internal controls.
· Files copies of purchase orders and back-up documents and maintains organized filing system (physical and or electronic file).
· Maintains or acts as intermediary between suppliers and department's administrative staff to ensure up-to-date material master information.
· Maintains or acts as intermediary between suppliers and department's administrative staff to ensure up-to-date supplier master information.
· Researches problems related to replenishment and related issue; prepares and maintains related reports, records and ledgers.
· Performs a variety of clerical work as required, including but limited to preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, enter and retrieving computer data, sending and receiving emails, sending and receiving faxes, answering the telephone, etc.
· Attends staff meetings as required.
· Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Participates in inventory counts.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Requires Associate's degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two (2) years of college education with emphasis in supply planning, business, accounting or a closely related field.
· Requires over two (2) years and up to and including five (5) years of purchasing and/or planning related experience.
· CPM or CPIM certification or any other Supply Chain function related certification is desirable.
· Minimal responsibility in guiding others, yet requiring frequent decisions affecting co-workers and others who depend on the service or product; works in a somewhat fluid environment with rules and procedures but with many variations from the routine.