- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Morton County
DO MEANINGFUL WORK
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar. The time you give to your job is important for your life and career. We can help you make it what you want it to be. After all, your work enables our progress.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Planning Engineer in our Morton, IL facility. As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for network performance levels to corporate targets for inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results. Incumbent will lead facility efforts to develop and implement projects intended on improving customer satisfaction and improved throughput efficiency.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results
- Coordinates and manages a performance portfolio of initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and supply chain effectiveness
- Leads efforts to gather and analyze data on dealer demand and demand variability and to architect sourcing solutions to effectively manage orders
- Supports facility efforts to implement lean concepts where appropriate
- Works with diverse, multi-functional work teams to drive improvements required to meet business requirements
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- 5 + years of progressively responsible job related experience
- Previous experience in Supply Chain Planning
Top candidates will also have:
- Advanced understanding of supply chain planning processes and analytical tools
- Advanced understanding of common supply chain systems, and the ability to lead and sponsor large-scale technology transformations.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma Project Management principles
- Excellent leadership skills to effectively sponsor supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources, while maintaining strong people focus and fulfilling the responsibilities for leading people
- Extremely strong collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to drive common supply chain processes across multiple departments within a facility.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve very complex problems.
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures and solid product knowledge
- APICS, CPIM, or CSPC National Certification
- A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
- ms project
- social media
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.