- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Morton County
COLLABORATE WITH THE BEST
Tackle projects with smart, engaged team members who will help you reach the next level in your career. Our teams treat each other—as well as customers—with integrity, accountability and courtesy.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Planning Manager 2 in our Morton, IL facility.
As Supply Chain Planning Manager 2, you will be Accountable for business division performance levels to corporate targets for inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results. Leads business division efforts to develop and implement the Plan for Every Part, Pull material Replenishment and improved throughput efficiency. Leads business division efforts to implement and monitor compliance for supply chain processes aligned with the CPS Supply Chain Process Manual and the CPS Supply Chain Rules.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable to Business Division leadership and governing committees to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results
- Plays a key role in business division strategy development and target setting
- Leads and manages a division responsible for business division deployment of the Supply Chain Planning Process, which develops the Plan for Every Part and Pull Replenishment methods for a business division, coordinating and managing the structure and work plans for multiple, cross functional work teams
- Works closely with the facility Supply Chain Manager to deploy strategic supply chain initiatives, and is required to take a business division view of supply chain planning processes and tools.
- Sponsors business division activities focused on delivering a Plan for Every Part for all active parts. Incumbent is accountable for the quality and effectiveness of the Supply Chain Planning Process for the business division, including standard work, development of the PFEP, data maintenance and usage of PFEP data to drive results
- Sponsors supply chain team efforts to implement pull material replenishment where appropriate
- Governs and supports standard process conformance to determine Pull qualification and Pull readiness
- Collaborating and negotiating with leaders across multiple functions, and may include leading personnel from outside incumbent's business division, such as Global Purchasing, Global Information Services, manufacturing / operations, Global Transportation and Manufacturing Logistics
- Governs and supports supply chain teams working with multi-functional leaders and teams, both in and outside of the business division, that may include external suppliers or third party-providers, to design and implement material packaging and containerization processes for a business division
- Sponsors multi-functional business division teams deploying the standard processes for new product introduction, Engineering and Product Change Control. This position governs and supports supply chain teams working with Corporate NPI, Supply Chain and other multifunctional leaders and teams to drive NPI and Engineering / Product Change Control process conformance
- Sponsors efforts to identify and resolve business division supply chain constraints, which requires the ability to work across cross-functional areas and collaborate and negotiate complex solutions
- Governs and supports communications, root cause corrective action and ultimate resolution of supply chain constraints
- Works with other supply chain functional areas to continuously improve material flow plans, focusing on improving inventory record accuracy, waste reduction and increased throughput efficiency, increased velocity and increased inventory turns
- May be required to work with Global Transportation and Cat Logistics Services to implement transportation and logistics solutions required to optimize the business division supply chain
- Provides leadership, coaching, focus, motivation and encouragement to direct reports
- Responsible for coaching, developing and mentoring resources
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
- 8 + years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience
- Previous experience in Supply Chain Planning
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of lean concepts and tools
- Advanced understanding of supply chain planning processes and analytical tools
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma Project Management principles
- Experience with the Value Stream Transformation process
Top candidates will also have:
- APICS, CPIM, or CSPC National Certification
- A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.