- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Microsoft Cloud Supply Chain and Provisioning Operations is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure ﴾including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams﴿. We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost‐effectiveness and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing Cloud Infrastructure environments is built and supported. As a critical part of the Cloud Provisioning Engineering team within Microsoft’s Cloud Supply Chain and Provisioning Operations, this role will help define how we support our customer’s needs and drive agility within our supply chain, leading a high‐energy, customer‐focused team. We are all about hardware delivery, production control and efficient inventory management: on time, defect free, optimal inventory management and CSCP Engineering group support. We operate in a high‐tech environment, laying the groundwork for continued growth while delivering capacity and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Reporting to the Tier 1 Supply Chain and Operations Manager this role is the key connecting link between our System Integrators (suppliers) and our Customers (Capacity Planning, CPE and DC Ops teams) and responsible for managing the SI integration facilities from an execution perspective. Relying heavily on Customer Service fulfillment metrics and establishing key performance indicators (milestones, work-back schedules, Cycle time, throughput) this role will take a production scheduling factory focus view holding key internal MSFT functions responsible for their deliverables to our supply base and hold our System Integrators (Suppliers) accountable for timely and defect-free server delivery, by driving proactive communication and root-causes resolution to problem areas.
The individual filling this role will:
- Supplier Integrator Facing Role: Act as the face of the SCOM organization to our partners / Engineering Groups to understand customer requirement documents and develop/implement strategies in support of those business needs. Role will routinely interact with Management teams both internal within the Supply Chain and MS Business Groups and represent SCOM in C-level meetings.
- Factory Service Fulfillment metrics monitoring: Coordinate and Communicate internal and external messaging on changes to demand planning (Forecasts), Factory production planning, Detailed updates and impact assessments. Responsible for factory level Engineering changes and cut overs, Material Readiness assessments, Demand prioritization and supply allocation decisions
- High Focus on Production Control activities to help develop Supplier operational/ production processes and transform those processes into System Engineering tools, continuously focusing on automation of critical functions, resulting in on time, defect free capacity to our customers.
- Develop and drive Microsoft Internal and external key performance Indicators and metrics. Including, SLA monitoring, Factory Stage Cycle Times, on-time delivery, lead-times, product transitions, and risk analysis
- Achieve delivery performance targets as developed to support business needs, while consistently evaluating opportunities and supporting process updates to enhance supply chain performance.
- Manage supply base engagement process, including supplier operational review meetings, metrics, improvement plans and issue resolution
- Manage and communicate tradeoffs between our supplier and business needs within Microsoft
- Responsible for managing continuous improvements and process initiatives in parallel to day-to-day business operations