- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Supervises day to day operations of ultrasound service area.
- Schedules and provides direction to Technologists. Provides quality care to the patients receiving diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures. Communicates patient needs and responses through appropriate verbal and written correspondence.
- Ensures documentation is complete and accurate regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Responsible for proper operation of imaging and specialty equipment as well as keeps abreast of uses of medical devices.
- Assumes responsibility and provides direct care for all procedures performed in this area.
- Ensures that patients have been prepared for procedures.
- Provides quality care to patients during procedures.
- Assists with patient and family education. May support or assist in research and related activities.
- Demonstrates an adequate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Provides more complex technical care necessary to meet identified patient needs. Assists with performing and planning multiple diagnostic procedures in appropriate time sequence.
- Acts as a resource for students and junior techs.
- Regularly assumes responsibility and provides direct care for the more complex patients.
- Provides assistance to colleagues in recognizing, interpreting, and managing unstable patient care situations.
- Maintains documentation for internal and external regulatory purposes. Responsible for completion of employee orientation process.
- Assist with budget planning process.
- Coordinates staffing resources to fit the need of the facility.
- Maintains education and competency files on employees.
- Keeps section manager fully informed of section activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Ultrasound technology.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience or one (1) year as a Level 3 US Technologist is required.
- BLS certification required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation , Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks
About the company