- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Shift: 6:30am to 3:00pm
Primary Location: WA TACOMA ST JOSEPH MEDICAL CENTER CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Provides, as an integral part of the medical practitioner team, surgical care to patients to facilitate safe and effective completion of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Under the guidance of surgeons, nurses, or other designated personnel, the incumbent performs preoperative, intra-operative and postoperative duties within the scope of licensure to ensure that the operating room or environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Graduation from surgical technology program accredited through Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology ARC-ST. A minimum of six months operating room work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities is preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing may be substituted for graduation from an accredited surgical technician program.
- If classified as Surgical Technician: Maintain Registration with the State of Washington. Registered nurses and/or practical nurses acting within the scope of their licensure do not need to maintain surgical technologist registration.
- If classified as Surgical Technician, Certified: Current certification through the Association of Surgical Technologists is required.
- Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0234053
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center