- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18.00 - $23.00 gross per hour
- Morgan Hill
CITY OF MORGAN HILL
Swim Lesson Lead
Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Center Coordinator, the WSI Lead will oversee Swim Instructors at the Aquatic Center and/or the Centennial Recreation Center. This position will be responsible for assisting in the planning, training and scheduling of all Swim Instructors. The Swim Lesson lead will also be required to be on deck during class time for the parents, as well as provide evaluations and constructive feedback to the instructors. If a Swim Instructor is unable to work their shift or find coverage it is the Swim Lesson Lead's responsibility to find coverage for that class. If the lead is unable to find coverage it is their responsibility to get in the water and teach the lesson that day.
This is a part-time position. The salary range for this position is $18.00 to $23.00 per hour.
Applicant must be available Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:15 am to 12:00 pm.
Examples of Duties
- Be familiar with the description and requirements for each class level offered through the City of Morgan Hill.
- Create a Swim Lesson staffing schedule for the Aquatics Center and/ or the Centennial Recreation Center
- Assess participants and assist in transfers of children between classes based on ability level.
- Create an agenda and facilitate in-service trainings for Water Safety Instructors
- Effectively communicate verbally to supervisor, staff and participants. Keep participants and if appropriate, their parents informed about their progress in the program. Inform coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Supervise Instructors while on duty
- Ensures the safety of all patrons participating in Swim Lessons; submit Accident/Incident Reports to the Supervisor within 24-hours of the incident.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is desirable. This provision may be waived for applicants 16 to 18 years of age with ability to obtain a valid work permit.
- Previous experience as a Red Cross Swim Instructor is required.
- A valid Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certificate is required. A Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid certificate as well as Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificate are strongly encouraged.
- Position requires availability of 20-40 hours per week during summer periods, June through August and 15-30 hours per week from September through May. Position allows for only one week (consecutive) vacation time-off request during the summer periods, June through August. Applicants must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions. Applicants must be physically capable of sustained walking, standing, or climbing. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours; including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Applicants must be willing to wear solid color swim wear at all times when on duty.