- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Diego
United States of America - California, San Diego
AECOM is actively seeking Junior Project Support Engineers with technical backgrounds/engineering degrees for work in various codes at SWRMC supporting Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems.
These positions are a future need and immediate hiring is not anticipated . The positions are located at SWRMC in San Diego, CA.
- Develop Troubleshooting plans for HM&E systems.
- Verify compliance with systems engineering principles, integration approaches, and accepted the Department of the Navy maintenance program fundamentals.
- Support engineering evaluations of hydraulic, electrical and freshwater control systems onboard ships and submarines.
- Review and evaluate work specifications as requested by the NSA project manager based on technical risk and the quality management plan for the assigned availability.
- Review non-standard test procedures that are called out in a work specification as required and verify that individual work to test relationships is accurately captured in the ITP.
- Coordinate with shipboard and waterfront personnel to effect repairs to subject systems. Will require working onboard ships at times.
- Conduct maintenance of shipboard HM&E systems and controllers onboard US NAVY ships.
- Prepare all required products including certification PowerPoint, CHENG certification memos, and other supporting documents.
- Position may rotate among several different codes at SWRMC to give a broad experience to the engineer.
- The job will require both desk and deck plate (hands-on) work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or similar technical degree) with hands-on experience of repairing and maintaining mechanical systems and/or mecha/electric systems.
- Experience as an intern, or through summer work may be substituted.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Position may require travel.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
The ideal candidate has experience providing engineering services to U.S. Navy or in shipyards. SECRET clearance preferred but not essential for well-qualified candidates.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230606BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project
- project manager