- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Systems Developer for the SAS Global Hosting and US Professional Services (GHUSPS) Managed Services team, you will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted and remote managed SAS application environments. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers and other implementation team members to implement enterprise software installations and to manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS and third-party enterprise class software systems.
You will support the team with training, expertise, mentoring and best practices with respect to application technology and architecture, work with the IT teams to ensure that hardware choices are appropriate for the solution; write design documents with supporting justification for architectural choices; arbitrate and enforce design decisions that have a broad impact.
You will be responsible for the systems design, implementation, and maintenance of SAS 9 and SAS Viya solutions across an enterprise-wide, cross-platform infrastructure that is consistent with our business objectives and customer requirements.
- Administration, maintenance, and installation of SAS Enterprise software and solutions.
- Provide pre- and post-implementation documentation.
- Engineer solutions to ensure scalability and reliability.
- Integrate SAS software with systems and other third-party software.
- Engineer application implementations based on requirements and sizing assessments.
- Configure, manage, monitor and debug mid-tier software such as tcServer, JBoss, etc.
- Develop tools and software to manage SAS and third-party software.
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems.
- Work directly with external customers and interface with other support teams and vendors.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support, consulting, or training for enterprise class software and/or hardware.
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting enterprise class applications.
- Installing and using SAS software and solutions.
- Programming in SAS.
- Deploying and managing JavaEE web applications.
- Java or Web development experience.
- Python and Ansible for automation.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of security, performance, server design, cross-platform architectures, SAS products, SAS solutions, storage, networking, and enterprise hardware.
- Proficiency with Linux system administration tasks including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, a Unix shell, Powershell, etc).
- Ability to write Python and automate system administration and installation tasks.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking / distributed computing environment concepts; can use nslookup or dig to check information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts, etc.
- Knowledge of change management procedures and version control.
- Ability to comprehend the details of complex, multi-tier, system and application software.
- Strong analytic, inductive, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management.
- Experience in computer capacity planning and performance analysis.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regu
About the company
SAS helps you make sense of the message. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms your data into insights that give you a fresh perspective on your business. You can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t. And discover new opportunities.