- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Systems Engineer effectively and efficiently provides Tier III support by assisting employees with hardware and software issues as they arise.
Additionally, this person is responsible for installing/configuring/updating hardware and software as well as monitoring server and workstation logs and reporting suspicious activity to the VP of Information Technology.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Integrates the credit union philosophy and operating principles and diligently promotes the credit union's mission statement into work habits, processes, and service delivery systems.
- Provides Tier III support by assisting employees with hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Provides Tier II support by assisting employees with hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Maintains workstation and server software including the Windows operating system, anti-virus and other essential software.
- Creates and maintains server and workstation documentation.
- Interacts with various hardware/software vendors to implement solutions.
- Monitors daily server events for unusual activity and reviews suspicious activity.
- Ensures the critical data is backed up and/or replicated to the Disaster Recovery site.
- Ensures the member database and member applications are replicated and/or backed up daily.
- Coordinates server and workstation software and operating system patches as they become available.
- Works on various IT related projects for internal/external customers.
- Provides guidance to other IT Department staff, as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Windows 10 and later
- Microsoft Office 2016 and later
- Windows Server 2012 and later
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS
- Microsoft SQL 2015 and later
- Microsoft Office 365
- VMWare vCenter and ESXi
- Basic knowledge of Dell hardware
- Basic desktop and server class hardware
- Networking protocols such as: IPSEC, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Cisco Experience is a plus
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues on Windows servers and workstations
- Perform software and hardware installations and periodic upgrades
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience plus two years of IT related experience.
License or Certificate:
- Microsoft Certification preferred
- Acceptable Credit History
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- 401(k) with match and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off
Keywords: Software Engineer, Location: Moline, IL